How to improve employee engagement and performance?
Employee engagement and performance are inter-linked. A high level of employee engagement in an organization brings superior business performance. With employee engagement and performance, the organization can have increased profits, productivity, employee retention and customer metrics. So, now we know that keeping employees engaged is a way to make them perform better.
But how do we get there?
Organizations always assume that their employees are happy and satisfied working with them. But sometimes, they fail to notice that their employees are not well engaged which could lead to poor performance. For organizations who keep their employees well engaged always have room to improve.
Let us read on some tips to improve employee engagement and performance in an organization.
- Goals and expectations should be clearly communicated: It is important to let your employees know how a target actually looks like. Goals and objectives motivate employees to perform better. Therefore, information that has to be communicated should be sketched and informed clearly.
- Figures of profit should be shared: The Company should keep their employees informed of what is happening. When the company is making huge profits, the employees should be updated with where their contributions are going in the big picture. When you do this, they feel a great sense of worth. Do not hesitate or fail to share the bad news, instead be more strategic on how you deliver it.
- Always have open communication: Organization should always have an open mind. Encourage your employees to express their views, opinions and ideas and listen to them without any criticism. You never know, you might just get a brilliant idea for the project you are working on from your employees.
- Immediate feedback: Immediate feedback is a solution for many problems. It saves a lot of time, gets the work done in the right way with minimum faults and keeps the team and the management in sync. Immediate feedback shows that the employees are monitored constantly and the good work is appreciated.
- Constant feedback on positives: Positive feedback motivates employees of all level. Constant positive feedback is a good way of employee engagement and performance. This is a way to say that when people are told what they are doing well, then they will continue doing it, or even better.
- Trust and sense of belonging: When employees work in a team and are headed by someone, they need to trust their team members and the leadership. Organizations should have non-work activities as well, to foster employee engagement and performance.